Epilogue update & Summer version core modifications! [POLL/Discussion]

Ray

Hello everyone,

It has been 3 months since the server was opened and it's time to plan for our Epilogue chronicle upgrade!

Along with Epilogue update we will adjust the server into Summer version in an effort to extend it's life as long as we can and also make it more attractive for new players.

Changes for discussion (Green ones approved Orange one for Discussion Red ones are excluded)

• Epilogue Update & Hellbound Level 12
  • XP/SP Bonus for all players below 80 level
  • Cursed Weapons increase drop rate
  • Blacksmith & Merchant of Mammon into Giran - Cata/Necro farm without registering (Allowing new players to have faster progress ONLY UNTIL THE END OF JULY)
  • Combine talismans npc, spawns to every clan hall
  • Every Fashion accessory from INERA Store from 500 to 250 iCoins
  • Services Enabled: Class change into same class type, Sub & Noble
  • Farm Only buffer: Allow buffs into Siege/Epic zones, cancel will apply only on PK.
  • World chat Welcome message for every new player.

Let us know for any other suggestion or QoL that you would like to see.

• Ray featured this topic

Queen Ant to 83 Level
– This no, please. Keep her 40 lvl.

Costume Augmentation on Beauty Shop (p.def, m.def, p.atk, m.atk, STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIT, MEN), disabled in Olympiad games
– Interesting. I want to know more details. Will it be obtainable only from events?

• Like 1

• Elements increase drop from 1x to 1.5x - 1x is ok I guess 
  • PvP Flag while attacking a Raid boss 76 level and above (Grand bosses/instances are excluded)    -  "minus"
  • Queen Ant to 83 Level  - "minus"
  • Announce when an Epic PvP zone is activated - "minus"
  • Costume Augmentation on Beauty Shop (p.def, m.def, p.atk, m.atk, STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIT, MEN), disabled in Olympiad games "+"

When it is planned? 

• Like 1

first of all against the ant queen lvl 83....then who approved buffs and mammon ? we will become pvp server ? then make it x2000 ...

costume augmentation why? why we need it? Rey with respect the server is well made but with these updates i dont see why anyone should come here... if we wanted to play a pvp server we would go to x1000, here is a low mid rate for the old times sake.

Cheers

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DivineLady said:

Queen Ant to 83 Level
– This no, please. Keep her 40 lvl.

Costume Augmentation on Beauty Shop (p.def, m.def, p.atk, m.atk, STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIT, MEN), disabled in Olympiad games
– Interesting. I want to know more details. Will it be obtainable only from events?

9 minutes ago, Muertenord said:

first of all against the ant queen lvl 83....then who approved buffs and mammon ? we will become pvp server ? then make it x2000 ...

costume augmentation why? why we need it? Rey with respect the server is well made but with these updates i dont see why anyone should come here... if we wanted to play a pvp server we would go to x1000, here is a low mid rate for the old times sake.

Cheers

Queen Ant to level 83 was meant so players can have Daily PvP there too, we will exclude it since most do not like the idea.

Without Mammons new players cannot progress fast, we already got a lot of complains mostly from low level players that cannot unseal their gear for over 2 weeks, we can exclude that too but I suggest for everyone to re-think it.

4 hours ago, Ray said:

Without Mammons new players cannot progress fast, we already got a lot of complains mostly from low level players that cannot unseal their gear for over 2 weeks, we can exclude that too but I suggest for everyone to re-think it.

4 weeks now.

If you put mamons in giran what is the purpose of the Cabal then ? Certain people dedicated some time to achieve some stuff, just to be invalidated because people complain about game mechanics.

Buffs on pvp grounds - why not full npc buffer with all resist cat/pony/cc/sos too ? Pay extra adena for ++ enchants on buffs ? - hard pass

XP/SP Bonus for all players below 80 level - what are the rates or still under discussion ?

PvP Flag while attacking a Raid boss 76 level and above (Grand bosses/instances are excluded) - who pvp for open world rbs ? haven't seen a contest for raid since 2nd week of server start - pointless

Announce when an Epic PvP zone is activated - epic rb window started ? - we all keep track of this as hero monument says everything, rb windows are stated in the website - pointless

Cleanse Karma & Combine talismans npc, spawns to every clan hall - pk on sight without worries for your epics -attractive for new players ? hard pass, combine talismans for free - pure QoL

Elements increase drop from 1x to 1.5x - weekend "event" is good enough, if you want attribute - go farm, otherwise put them (and crystals too) in a custom npc seller next to mamons in giran

just  my 2 cents.

9 hours ago, majorheal said:

4 weeks now.

If you put mamons in giran what is the purpose of the Cabal then ? Certain people dedicated some time to achieve some stuff, just to be invalidated because people complain about game mechanics.

Buffs on pvp grounds - why not full npc buffer with all resist cat/pony/cc/sos too ? Pay extra adena for ++ enchants on buffs ? - hard pass

XP/SP Bonus for all players below 80 level - what are the rates or still under discussion ?

PvP Flag while attacking a Raid boss 76 level and above (Grand bosses/instances are excluded) - who pvp for open world rbs ? haven't seen a contest for raid since 2nd week of server start - pointless

Announce when an Epic PvP zone is activated - epic rb window started ? - we all keep track of this as hero monument says everything, rb windows are stated in the website - pointless

Cleanse Karma & Combine talismans npc, spawns to every clan hall - pk on sight without worries for your epics -attractive for new players ? hard pass, combine talismans for free - pure QoL

Elements increase drop from 1x to 1.5x - weekend "event" is good enough, if you want attribute - go farm, otherwise put them (and crystals too) in a custom npc seller next to mamons in giran

just  my 2 cents.

The purpose of Cabal was for initial Spring setup. Now we are changing into summer version and new players that hopefully will join after our advertisements will need Mammons, their level will progress relative fast until 80 level. Limit them with sealed items etc while having the levels is not a good idea.

Buffs will always remain the same on Farm Only buffer.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, majorheal said:

Correct me if I am wrong , but what is stopping a player from joining the 7S with multiple characters , each choosing a different side and seal . It seems to me that you could always make it so you have access to mammons , the real competition is for control of the seals . I would not spawn the mammons in Giran , instead I would leave the existing mechanic where they jump places all the time , with the difference than they spawn outside the catacomb ( so you still have to search for them ). 

13 hours ago, Vora said:

Correct me if I am wrong , but what is stopping a player from joining the 7S with multiple characters , each choosing a different side and seal . It seems to me that you could always make it so you have access to mammons , the real competition is for control of the seals . I would not spawn the mammons in Giran , instead I would leave the existing mechanic where they jump places all the time , with the difference than they spawn outside the catacomb ( so you still have to search for them ). 

To register both cabals with different chars is done since the beginning for this very reason. This cycle certain people pushed certain seal so mamons won't spawn at all - which is a core game mechanic. 

Placing mammons in giran (or spawning them outside of cata for that matter) just changes the game "rules". heck why not make every week quest seal week and trade stones for AA without the hassle of waiting one week to get your precious gemstones

Edited by majorheal

I am also in favor of NOT changing the rules of the server this far away in the server life. Some people joined the server especially because of the rules set at the launch , and they expected those rules to be honored .I should have been stated from the very start that some rules are subject to change later on. But I also can't help reminding myself that the prosperity of the server is the sum of all its players , and some players (mostly newcomers) are not having a easy life on the server .The gap between them and original players is so big that any support that is given to them , helps a lot. So perhaps a compromise , make them spawn only on weekends ,outside the catacombs , for a limited period of time, so you don't have access to them all the time, in worst case you wait 5 days.

1st of all, I appreciate initiative from dev team to try sort things out.

• One REALLY important aspect that should be kept in mind - COMPLETE MAJORITY of community on this server IS THERE FOR RETAIL like stuff and overall game experience (excluding cosmetics obviously. That one works fine, as it is only cosmetics).

• Reading the comments above, I can clearly see, that the point above is basically enforced by all of the people there, who care about the server. It seems like custom stuff will not only be taken with a sour taste from majority of existing players, but also can potentially harm online count regarding what is left on the server at the time. Take in consideration some recent servers experience where retail like play were disrupted with some custom touches, e.g. in Hatos x3 server: once custom stuff was included to try boost online, server went from low online to complete 0 in 1 to 2 weeks (NOT EVEN KIDDING.. 😞) Keep in mind, before "rework" server was running somewhere between 9-12+ months with low but steady online..

• But also regarding the try to revive Hatos, dev team did one brilliant thing, just before ruining it with customizations, and that was a CATCH-UP SERVER.
     •What does it mean? It was a new server that became a twin to the original, except having slightly higher x rate. And once catch-up server actually catches up the original (regarding items and preliminary overall progress), the merge happens so all new and old players who otherwise had left server before can have complete new experiences in new server and then can have ACTUAL CHANCE TO CONFRONT the old server players who's ruling the original server without any chance to get opposed by anybody anymore..

• Also regarding catch-up server it gains as much attention as any other NEW server that everybody is craving for, especially at this time of the year - people just want a new start! So having some BETA test server before the grand opening of catch-up server in accordance to some overall marketing and streamers could bring an unexpected amount of players to the Vanilla twin server and after the merge would completely reanimate the original Vanilla that we all fell in love with.

I strongly suggest to consider suggested path instead of just playing "god" with customizations, as complete majority of players who left and the ones who continue playing in Vanilla, is there for retail like experiences after all. Choose wisely..

• Like 2

Blacksmith & Merchant of Mammon into Giran - Cata/Necro farm without registering (Allowing new players to have faster progress)

This is pretty nice but I would like to see custom npc, where you can change Seal Stones for AA, otherwise this feature is pointless.

1 hour ago, DivineLady said:

Blacksmith & Merchant of Mammon into Giran - Cata/Necro farm without registering (Allowing new players to have faster progress)

This is pretty nice but I would like to see custom npc, where you can change Seal Stones for AA, otherwise this feature is pointless.

We will arrange that, probably mammons will offer it.

We are also thinking to add them only for 2 weeks after Epilogue update and then return everything back to normal depending how it will go.

15 minutes ago, Ray said:

We will arrange that, probably mammons will offer it.

We are also thinking to add them only for 2 weeks after Epilogue update and then return everything back to normal depending how it will go.

Then I would like to see them every Saturday in random town in random place for 6 hours (Heine ftw).