Help us grow INERA and make this the biggest long term server.

Sign in to follow this  
Vice

Important Question: Olympiad

We're having a quick poll to determine the outcome of one particular feature. Should we:

A) Restrict Olympiad to Friday, Sat, Sun only (inactive during sieges/TW), and reduce hero cycle to 1 week.

B) Restrict Olympiad to Friday, Sat, Sun only (inactive during sieges/TW), and keep hero cycle 2 weeks.

C) Restrict Olympiad to Friday, Sat, Sun only (inactive during sieges/TW), and keep hero cycle monthly.

D) Keep hero cycle and Olympiad retail.

Give me a good reason as to why you've selected a particular category. Be as thorough as you can.

Restrict Olympiad to Friday, Sat, Sun only (inactive during sieges/TW), and keep hero cycle 2 weeks.

Month is too long, week is too short. 2 weeks is fine. Remember that TW cycles refer to olympiad cycles, as they are way to obtain nobless from  TW Badges.

• reaction_title_6 1

I vote for (B), but there is one thing. On sunday, cut the end of oly. It should be 18:00 - 22:00 or 16:00 - 22:00. Don't forget that people go next day to work.

I favour (B) because a month is too long to wait, just because you failed once, but a week is too short to enjoy your success.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday is good because lets be honest, people that are seriously competing for Hero status in 2019 are not gonna go out clubbing or on a date.

For the rest of the week I wanna relax and not camp olympiad after work/university.

• reaction_title_1 1

22 minutes ago, PiffPaff said:

I favour (B) because a month is too long to wait, just because you failed once, but a week is too short to enjoy your success.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday is good because lets be honest, people that are seriously competing for Hero status in 2019 are not gonna go out clubbing or on a date.

For the rest of the week I wanna relax and not camp olympiad after work/university.

:fdwarflol::mdarkelfha:

19 hours ago, PiffPaff said:

Such a pedantic vibe, ironic af.

C

Imo hero should be hard to get and 4 days of fighting is just realy to short. More i dont know how many people will play here, but if there will be 1 zerg side it will be to ez for them to feed some classes if they get 1 or 2 evenings to do so of just 4 days.

31 minutes ago, kvorto said:

Imo hero should be hard to get and 4 days of fighting is just realy to short. More i dont know how many people will play here, but if there will be 1 zerg side it will be to ez for them to feed some classes if they get 1 or 2 evenings to do so of just 4 days.

Even on L2 rise and those kind of donate servers with 2-4k people is problem with two week period oly. First days aren't enough participants to start oly. Everyone is focused on last days.

I am against your opinion, because zerg clan can reg whenever they want, so they can safely feed. If we'll have just 4 oly-evenings, everyone will be on oly. And of course, you won't have many time to play oly with all of your boxes.

I am gonna continue in this topic. In Vanilla features we have:

Olympiad Heroes
The Olympiad cycle will begin on October 1st, 2019. Olympiad will have biweekly heroes so that means the cycle will run every 2 weeks.

I have one suggestion. Start oly on 30th September. Why? Because hero announcement will be on Sunday, so Saturday will be the last day of oly. And after 14 days same, same...

With 1st October the last day of oly would be on Sunday, which is bad, because people go to night shift, which starts on Sunday, or go to morning shift, so they can't be awake to long in night.

• reaction_title_6 1

Olympiad period is static, Every 15 & Last day of month. Meaning for October 14 & 31 are the last day for playing. @Vice will probably have to re-phrase that since we use that system for oly since s1.

With my suggestion periods would last for {14, 14, 14, 14, 14 , 14, 14,...} days.
With system twice per month (2/m) periods would last for {14, 17, 14, 16, 14, 17,...} days.
For my suggestion the long of periods is static while for 2/m is dynamic.

Olympiad will have biweekly heroes so that means the cycle will run every 2 weeks.

That's not true. Olympiad will have heroes twice per month that means the months will be divided to 2 cycles.

I stand behind my suggestion. It makes oly more competitive, because on saturdays the most people can play.

Disagreed. Saturday evening is the time most people go out to party, meet friends or family. I fully stand behind the idea of oly only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I've been an olyfarmer on many servers for my CP and it's really annoying to stay regged every evening as it messes with your parties playtime.

6 hours ago, DivineLady said:

Bro, if you wanna play Lineage, get rid of your friends and family. They are holding you back from your progress.

You must have many friends.

B )  In light of PlayIneras mission statement to cater to both hardcore and casual gamers, I think this is the best option.  It would suit both parties :)